Problem: The Bill Acceptor will not accept bills.
Ensure the lockable bill cassette is installed and locked.
- Unplug the Bill Acceptor then plug back in, it should cycle.
- If it does not cycle, you are without power or the Bill Acceptor is damaged.
- Ensure you have entered a permit choice and a dollar cost is displayed on screen. The bill path should have solid glowing red lights (blinking red indicates error state, refer to Bill Acceptor Error Codes).
- Check to ensure your 9-pin connector is connected.
- Check to ensure there is no foreign material in the bill path.
- Change the cable, and the Bill Acceptor to determine your problem. (Work with one component at a time so you can isolate the non-functioning element.)
- Install a spare component or call your Customer Support for assistance.
Problem: The Bill Acceptor pulls the bill in 1/2 way then back out.
- Check quality of bills to ensure they are not excessively wrinkled or torn.
- Check to ensure all LED's are on.
- Open the Bill Acceptor up and clean the sensors.
- Install a spare Bill Acceptor or call your Customer Support for assistance.
Problem: The Bill Acceptor will not calibrate.
- Check to ensure you have power to your Bill Acceptor.
- Check to ensure Dip Switch #7 is on. The Bill Acceptor Dip Switches are
located under the black cover on the left side of the Acceptor. A screw
must be loosened to remove this cover. The small switches are in a line
numbering 1 through 8.
- Check to ensure your calibration paper is clean.
- Check to ensure the hole in the calibration paper is toward you.
- Call your Customer Support department for assistance.